Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

My Kids, My World - Talking About Umair

When talking about kids and children, I am very proud with my little man. He definitely one strong boy, and very confident for his age. He has the bravest most pure heart, yet he could always be the most passionate person on earth. He loves cupcake, and sweets, and I would never hesitate to bake him cupcake with topping if he request for it.


He cried for me the last time I was about to be wheeled to operation room. And that really touched my heart, I swear by God I did listen to his cry of love. And ever since he saw and understand that he now have a small sister, he forced himself to learn how to compromise that actually Dana need mummy more than him. There were moment when he tried to test my patience, demanding sorts of things whenever the sister cried for attention. Honestly, it took me great patience to handle such behaviour, and deep down I knew he was just missing the full attention he once had before he had little sister. But nonetheless, he is indeed one good big broher, he really loves playing with his sister, although there were times they would 'fight' over toys and attention...


When there are chances for him to snuggle with mummy, he never refuse, he quickly ran into my open arms. He quickly want me to hug him tight, and this funny thing 'nak mummy peluk one thousand', I want mummy to hug me one thousand times. And whenever he offers me a kiss, he will pout his little lips long before they reach my lips. I know, he really missed mummy's touch, the utmost attention he had, sleeping with mummy, snuggling with mummy, mummy play with him. But yet he had to struggle to accept the fact that mummy have to give more to Dana than him.


I remember this one incident last week (as been retold by my dear husband). I was quite handful with preparing breakfast, while my husband was to look after the kids, when my dear son request for a Prince's Biscuits. So I gave him a pack of biscuits, it has 3 pieces of biscuits in one pack. And I said that was the last pack in that box so I told him to share with Dana. He ran happily to the living room, and I heard his little voice inviting Dana for a biscuit. 'Dana satu, abang Umair satu' - One for Dana, one for me. I remember hearing that and smiled.

Then after a moment, when I almost finished cooking, my husband came. His face reddened, the eyes swell, but he was smiling brightly, and told me, 'Do you know what happened just now between our kids?' 'What happened?' I asked him. 'You know that when the biscuits was just one piece left, our Umair didn't finished the biscuit by himself. Instead he looked at his sister, as Dana at that moment was looking at him, he decided to split the biscuit to half and give one part of it to Dana. So generous of him I couldn't help but touched'.
Well, I do respect him generousity towards his sister. He do have the soft heart for his sister, though there were moments he tried to get our attention by getting Dana to cry. But from one perspective, I knew that wasn't done with purpose, he is still very young to control his gentleness towards his sister.


And Umair is so into Thomas & Friends tv series. He just really admires the character of Thomas. Knowing that my husband and I, we had decided to visit again Sodor Island at Tamworth in Great Britain one last time before we return to Malaysia for good. And he was soo excited, and we even spent a night at the Thomas themed room, and had the exclusivity to have breakfast with Thomas Character.

And today is Dana one year birthday. We were going out today doing some shopping, and since Dana is still not so well we cut our visiting hours, and reaching home at 7pm. Everyone is tired, but I insist my husband we need to at least celebrate a simple birthday celebration for Dana. Since it was almost impossible for me to put some time to bake a cake, we bought an apple tart instead.

What we did was I stick one candle at the tart, and we sang the Birthday Song, and took some pictures. Funny thing when came the blowing candle moment, Umair didn't want to blow it unless Dana is blowing as well. And after the tart was served, Umair really want to feed her sister the tart, but since Dana is not so well, she refused and cried.

And now its getting late. Tomorrow will be the house cleaning activity after some days going in and out. I have plenty of things to finish tomorrow, need to wash the soiled clothes, empty the kitchen sink, vacuum the carpets, fold the washed and dried laundry, cook for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and monitor Dana medications.

So ok, we'll meet again in my next post, I hope. Have a great weekend!

p.s. May Allah grant us strength to overcome the anxiety and the fears, and may Allah give me strength to control my feelings and cure me with millions of gratefulness. amen.

No comments: