Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

What An Evening..

I'd like to start my blogging today by sharing a piece of 'my-kind-of-nerving' experience, driving a sedan car in Brussels road! whoa.. I can still recall the shakiness of my knees (though I have a driving license, but driving a right-hand-drive car in the 'right-lane-driving' with a 'right-priority-road-drivers', huh...). At first I was pretty shaky, but after a drive to Cora, crossed the main roads, and drove back home, somehow I think I managed well. And I think I was so SPOILED, (I mean being a passenger though I can drive) my husband said.. 'you can drive, but you took the other lane to be yours too' and read my reply, 'I told you, to me, if the car is moving, then it's fine'.. haha.. funny and so spoiled me.. (wished I can gather all my courage to drive better, maybe I will, soon) And this happened this very evening, after we had our dinner at home, with Briyani Rice with Briyani Beef Curry and Turmeric Fried Chicken. my recipe.. will share later in my next blog.

Anyway, credits and credits for my beloved drive coach, my husband for his support and his pushiness (ampunnn daddy!! :P) that makes me drive again today. We bought a lot of groceries, to stock the kitchen today. We are going to have guests coming over this weekend, all the way from Paris for a sleep-over as they want to celebrate the shopping month in Brussels. And I found a nice white knee-length cardigan, with a nice beige vest to match, just for the price of 20 Euro! NICE... thinking about persuading my husband again.. hihi..

When we reached home, my special carrot cake with walnut and choc rice, topped with brown sugar glaze has already set, and ready to be 'munched'. hmm.. really tasty, and I got the recipe from internet, but I changed some ingredients as they weren't available at that moment. (again, will share in my next blog). my husband requested a 'nada mojito' a mexican drink, originally supposed to be served with alcohol, named 'pina mojito' but they change the recipe a bit to suit those who don't take alcohol, like us. and he bought some prawns, and I grilled them in oven. So for tonight's supper, we treated ourself a mojito mix, carrot cake, and grilled prawns..

I still remember when I went for a walk with cousin Qin and my baby boy Umair to Carrefour last Monday.. it was a good walk, a good exercise especially for a housewife like me, and I did sweating, and the weather was just nice, accompanied by the soft cool breeze.. so refreshing! After about 1 hour walk and done 'sightseeing' at Carrefour, we decided to move home, when I realised my son's cap (was bought by my husband, he chose the colour, it is shocking green Tommy Hilfiger cap for babies) was missing.. OMG.. what has happened?

we frantically searched in the backpack, under the stroller, between the cushions of the strollers.. and found nothing. we were already in the main road to go home when we decided to going back searching the cap at Carrefour. I remember my son protested as he didn't like sitting in the stroller, but we strapped him anyway, yet he threw everything away. but I couldn't remember the cap. After 30 minutes of 'search and rescue' mission, and asking the salesgirl for help, and asking help from the information desk, I was so devastated, crushed, and so frustrated. What a careless mother I am! I almost cried, and I held my baby, and remember hold back tears and kissed my baby as I was so mad at him and myself yet loving him as well, and I can imagined how frustrated my husband will be if he hear this news.

Finally, just about 30 minutes before closing, I thought, one last look, then we go home. True to words, when we are calm, everything will be clear. And we did found the cap, someone has been kind enough to put the cap just on the eye-level on one of the display rack. What a relief! Then after telling the salesgirl and the desk lady I found the cap, we walked home, relief, and tired.. but smiling.. what an exercise!

My little naughty clever boy did it again.. oh my.. No words can express my true feelings, but I gave him kisses anyway.. I guess it was a lesson to me, to entertain my son as well as I entertaining myself with window shopping. And he is only 20 months old!

No comments: