Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Confinement Period - Self Management

Today is my 37th day of confinement, which I successfully managed alone abroad, with plenty of helps from a very patience hard-working cousin and a very thoughtful understanding loving husband, as well as my charming two and a half years old son. Most people would ask, how did my confinement going on here? Or question like, who look after me here during the confinement.

Months before the surgery, I already collected a lot of infos from the web, prepared a 'manual book', as guidance on what to expect after a cesarean birth, and a 'special recipe's book for c-section patient'. I've wrote in one of my previous post on how I studied how to do self-care after a cesarean labour, and I kept them under a file as a reference. They really helped me a lot to gain confidence to overcome my fears to undergo the second cesarean.

What did I do for the past 5 weeks? My routine is almost the same. After being home for 10 days, when the staples has been removed, I begin my routine slowly. Every morning I would clean my face and brush my teeth as quickly as I could, and then feed Dana. Dana always get up early around 5-6am for milk every morning. There would be several times she would wakes up for nappy change and feeding between 2-3 am. At most she would wakes up only twice in the middle of the night. Oh.. how thankful I am! In the early days things somehow drained my energy, as I couldn't And she seldom cries.

Hmm, where was I? Oh, my routine. Then my husband would prepare for work (weekdays), while my son usually still fast asleep, and only wakes up normally after 8.00am. During that time, I'll steal some quick minutes to tidy the bedroom, put away the toys, Dana's burp clothes, and sometimes I pressed my husband's working shirt. Usually I'll press my husband's shirt twice a week in the midnight after Dana's asleep..

When my husband ready, he'll carry Dana and guiding Umair to go downstairs, while I get change and join him for breakfast. After he go to work, often I would continue with the laundry. Next I'll join my son at the living room, and nursing my daughter. My cousin she insist to do the cooking (she's practicing to become a good cook). For three hours straight I would be playing with my son, while nursing my daughter. Having a growing toddler who is smart and active really get the best of me, and usually by lunch time I'll be quite exhausted. He's currently mastered all the alphabets, and demands to watch ABC clips all the time. Counting this day, it's been 3 weeks straight we were entertained with ABC clips and song, from morning, afternoon, evening, and night. It turned out to be a war over the TV lately.

No comments: