Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

33 weeks and counting

Today is officially the 3rd day of spring. Another sunny day, and nice cool breeze. While I'm typing this entry from this netbook on the coach, my little baby keep kicking from within my womb, making this netbook wobbling on my lap (and I covered my tummy with a small cushion). My baby boy on the other hand, showing his collection of 'Go-Go' monster and Wall-e figurine on my side, while entertaining himself with Baby's Day Out movie.

It is indeed a beautiful day, and how I wish the tulips we've planted last year at the backyard has bloom by now. But still, the tulips are still young, and still budding. Perhaps another month or two, then I'll make an effort to share some pix of them.

I'm now 33 weeks, and reaching 70kg. And yet I'm less than 5ft in height. If I forced myself to count my BMI in this condition, I can say that I should be worried with my weight. How clumsy I felt, and how big I feel my tummy is now. It's getting easier for me to be exhausted, and having terrible body ache each evening. Perhaps the most reason of this incapabilities is I'm now a staying at home mother (SAHM). I used to be an active person, climbing stairs as my work room is situated at the top floor of the building, and parts of my job is to move from class to class, and finding information from teachers at teacher's room (which is situated at the floor level of the building) and meeting with the admin teachers at a different building on another level.

And talking about 33 weeks, as far as I know, I read, and I study, normally the EDD of a pregnancy is counted from the first day of last period in a normal menstrual's cycle. This assumes a woman ovulates and conceived exactly two weeks after the last menstrual period and carries the baby for 38 weeks. But since my menstrual cycle is not regular since I stopped taking the pills, three months before I know I'm pregnant, it's difficult to calculate the EDD. My gynae decide to determine my EDD after an assumed 12weeks ultra scan. And I know that when it comes to this EDD, the baby may comes earlier than the EDD, as during my experience with my first son. And there are possibilities that this pregnancy is older than 33 weeks.

But nonetheless, every pregnancy is different, and I do keep that in mind. In this pregnancy, I experienced quite some challenges. Now I do know the feeling of morning sickness, which was quite unbearable during the first trimester, and somehow, that sickness occurs again, most of the time during this third trimester, but not as bad as I had earlier, plus with annoying heartburn during bedtime, body aches (particularly at my lower back) and breathlessness (perhaps because I'm not so fit), which were not a big matter during my first pregnancy on 2008. Yet I know, after the baby is delivered, I will miss all of these test of endurances, on how far a woman could manage all the pain in the world, only to protect the child of her own.

--to be continued--

No comments: