Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

What Makes 'Charming'?


I've read this book. This Charming Man, by Marian Keyes. It's interesting to read, on how four women shaped their life out of love with this particular man. He's a politician, a looker, as described in the book, and very influential, or in easy way, charming. The book described the life of these women, how they carried themselves after various depressing incidents and finally get along together creating a strong friendship. Some parts were written in diary style, some in monologue, but nonetheless, it's really moving, and I was easily fastened to the feeling of writing, and really, it does shows different sides of women in reality. To girls, and ladies out there, I urge all of you to have a look at this book, as it's really entertaining. There's not many laughing parts, but I'm sure you'll be captured by the feeling and its warmth created in it.

But here, I'm not going to talk about the book. I'm more interested to write about what makes someone charming. Sometimes in life, one couldn't help but being charming. It's the way they live, and they are just being innocently charming, people somehow couldn't help but being attracted to be near them. Sometimes that person actually doesn't have a clue how he or she magnetized people around them. Being charming here, I mean when someone doesn't have the need to be handsome, strikingly beautiful, bubbly and perky. Actually, it is difficult to define. I found an interesting article that could define charming. Please click HERE.

I read somewhere, some people were born with special pheromones that normally attract different gender to circled them, and of course making some other people, usually with the same gender turned green whenever this 'magnetic person' is around. But nonetheless, this trait can also be learn. LINK But to those who is said to be born with this trait, they usually have no idea, what make them so attractive. That person may not be handsome, perhaps not so good looking, or pretty, but their attitude, personality and their warmth keep people want to be close with them.

I have my own set of stories, which I believe partly were the work of the charm. But I don't think they're appropriate for me to disclose thorough here, as they won't do anything good for me, or to those related. And if I revealed them, they may only scratch the old wound. Enough for me to say, there were events (long time ago) when some people did try to depress me, during my 'young, single and available' time. I was hurt, VERY, as I was falsely accused anonymously to flirt with this senior, when actually the fact are I never meet him or talk to him or knowing his face, until now.

And one unforgettable occasion, when my superior bragged about my jobs, there were people trying to look that as the result of me being brown nosing with him. Found out that person twisted the matter to the wife, and they fought. I managed to straightened the matter eye-to-eye, and that person has apologized. Until I got married, then the story finally ended.

On the positive side, looking at the previous history, I believe that was 'the work of the charm' (trying to be positive; my way). I believe that I do have the charm, how much? I'm not sure. Well, I suppose I can say that I am charming. And that's enough to me. And please don't hate me because I am charming. But of course there's always room for improvements. And I am planning to polish the charm in me.

We should always believe we are as who we want us to be. Who else will boost our confidence if not ourself. Though there may be someone questioning, saying different things, perhaps annoyingly, we have to accept that we can't deny their right of freedom to speak. Let them. It's what we think matters, and of course, we should always walk the talk!

And now, I believe the charming trait has somehow pass down to my son. To my eyes, he's so adorable. When we took him to playground, some kids somehow attracted to play with him, followed him here and there, jumping and running and climbing, as if he's the leader of the groups, though he's the smallest of all.

My dearest husband had always reminds me, there would be lots of challenges in the future for our family, and to face them, we have to stick together, keeping our family strong from those potential green-eyes monster out there.

To my dearest one, I love you so much. Thank you for being a charming husband, and a charming father, and giving me a charming son.. perhaps our next coming child do have the share of charms as well..

And thank you God, for these charms. May Our Family Live Happily, and Grow Stronger Each Day.

No comments: