Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Recipe For Easy Strawberry Tiramisu


Last two weeks, I was thinking of eating tiramisu. But I was imagining a different type of tiramisu, the one filled with strawberry. I've bought the ingredients last week, but I just couldn't find time to make one. Lately, I'm experiencing morning sickness (again), and my pregnancy is already 29weeks old. Oh.. how fast time flies! Another 11weeks to go for.. I've started this nauseous feeling, again, with a bloated feeling, plus shortness of breath. I find it quite difficult to be comfortable during bedtime. I've tried different sleeping position, using plenty of small cushions to assist my sleeping posture. Yes, they do help a bit, but I still find it quite difficult. I know I need to make up with what I have.

Again, to the topic. This is my first attempt making 'Strawberry Tiramisu', and honestly, it's a purely trial and error project! I'm quite pleased with the result, as I was imagining the process to make it for almost two weeks, and mind you, it's pretty easy to make. I didn't google for the recipe (not kidding!). It's originally comes from my imaginations! So please take note, the amount I wrote here to make this tiramisu is roughly measured, as I didn't actually measured them.. hehe..

And here is the Ingredients :- (approx. for 2-4 person)


.Ingredients.

1. Mascarpone Cheese in 250g box (I used half portion)
2. Double Cream in 250g box (I used 1/3 portion)
3. Whipping Cream (I use about 1/2 cup)
4. Sugar Icing (about 1 cup @ until cream is thick enough)
5. 1 tsp strawberry flavouring
6. 1 tsp red colouring
7. 2-3 tbsp instant cocoa (mix with approx 1 cup warm water
8. Fresh Strawberry (sliced thinly)
9. Ladyfingers biscuit (I used 10 pcs, 5 pcs in each layer)
10. Strawberry Syrup
11. Square Flat Bowl/ Flat Plate/ Casserole Dish Serving/ etc (I prefer square bowl, easier to arrange the biscuits)

.Methods.

1. Whipped together Ingredients 1-3 in a big bowl, until they become creamy and fluffy. Add in the strawberry flavouring and the red colouring. Gradually, add in sugar icing until the cream becomes thick enough to make a soft peak.

2. Pour the cocoa mix into wide bowl (wide enough to dip the biscuit horizontally). Prepare the plate/ tray to serve. Quickly, dip the biscuit horizontally, upside and down, and carefully arrange it on the plate, side by side, and one by one, creating one layer of biscuits. (You have to do this quickly as the biscuit is easily melted and easily break) Make sure the biscuit is fully dip and arrange as closely to each other on the plate.

3. Carefully, using a wide spoon, spoon a spoonful of cream on top of the biscuits, and try to smooth it evenly using a spatula. Be extra careful as you may break the biscuits.

4. Arrange the sliced strawberries on top of the cream, and don't forget to squeeze some strawberry syrup on top of the cream and the sliced strawberries.

5. Repeat step 2-4, carefully in each step. In this recipe, I managed to make 2 layers of biscuits and 2 layers of creams and strawberries, and I used 10 pieces of ladyfingers. (5 pieces in each layer)

6. Finally, smooth evenly the cream on top layer of the tiramisu. You may then decorate it with the leftover sliced strawberries, and creatively squeeze the strawberry syrup on top of it. Or, you may smooth the cream evenly all around the biscuits, creating an image of ice-cream cake, and then decorate it as you wish.

7. It'll taste better when you left it in fridge for at least 1-2 hour before serving, or you may left it overnight in fridge, covered.

.Some ideas/ tips.

1. Mascarpone Cheese is essential to make a good tiramisu.

2. If you wish to exclude Whipping Cream and Double Cream, simply use the whole portion of mascarpone cheese, plus 1/3 portion of 250g cream cheese.

3. You can also make your own icing sugar by finely blend sugar until it become powdery.

4. You can also make your own strawberry flavouring by simply blend fresh strawberry with a little water until it become thin and watery, and filter the mixture, taking only the juice.

5. To make your own strawberry syrup, simply heat 3-4 spoonful of strawberry jam with some water in a small saucepan, until it become thick syrup.

6. You may substitute instant cocoa with instant coffee, nescafe, milo etc.

7. You can also create another different version of dessert using the same ingredients, but substitute ladyfingers to shortcake, to make a Strawberry Shortcake. The different is, usually Strawberry Shortcake exclude mascarpone cheese in the recipe, but use only whipped cream and strawberry syrup, and sliced strawberries in each layer.

8. You may as well sprinkle a crunched cornflakes on top of the layer, creating a unique taste of tiramisu.


-------------
Questions, comments, reviews are mostly welcome.. Happy Tiramisu-ing!

p/s I've just had a slice of it, soooo yummylicious!!

No comments: