Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Simple Vegetable Dishes


I've cooked fried sweet peas and green apple and cucumber hot salad as part of my dishes for lunch today, and someone had requested on how to make them. Yes dear, I dedicated this post for you. But to all, you are more than welcome to try. They were pretty easy to make, and I feared those might not really worth to share, but hey, who cares.. The recipes actually were accidently created. Most of the time, I never plan what menu of side dish I want to cook. Those two might somehow inspired us as they are very simple and quick to prepare.

Okay, to keep things short, for my first vegetable dish, one need to have these lists

Fried Sweet Peas

250 g of sweet peas/ sugar snaps, about a bowl of them (as in picture)
1 red onion
1 garlic
2 chillies
salt and sugar to taste

1. cut the sweet pea into your favourable size, in my case into 3 parts
2. slice thinly onion and garlic and chillies
3. saute the sliced onion, garlic and chillies in two spoons of cooking oil for a few second, until it gives nice aroma, then add in the sweet peas.
4. fried it lightly, put a little water to help the peas cooked, and then add in salt and sugar to taste.
5. don't overcook the peas, it cooked very quickly.


And here is my second salad dish..

Green Apple and Cucumber Hot Salad

1/2 pc of green apple
1/2 pc of cucumber
5 pcs of birds eye chillies (may add more if you wish)
1/2 red onion
5-8 pcs calamansi (or 2 pcs of lime/ lemon)
salt and sugar to taste

1. slice thinly cucumber and green apple, as thin as a match would look like.
2. slice thinly red onion, and add into the sliced cucumber and apple
3. cut chillies into small pieces, about 1/2cm size (I used scissors, quick and easy.. (^^))
4. insert the mixture of the sliced cucumber, apple, onion and chillies in a good size container, and squeeze in juices from the calamansi (I used 3 pcs calamansi + 1 pc lime) into the container.
5. add in about 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp sugar to taste.
6. cover the container with a proper lid, and shake it so that its well mixed. If the salad is too dry, add some more lime juice. and adjust the taste to your own preference.
7. some good idea, you may want to add thinly sliced carrot and sliced pineapple in it, but those two were not in my current stock, so I didn't put them in. perhaps some might prefer to change the apple with young mango.
8. it taste better if let cool in fridge for a while.


Happy Cooking!

p/s dear Haza, these are few for you to try, and you are always welcome to alter the recipe. I am not saying that I am good cook, but I can share the recipes for all to try. May it inspired you to cook during this blessed school holiday.. Enjoy the days with lovely twos.. And good luck as well for your newcomers!

ahh.. sorry for my Grammar..

1 comment:

nurulhaza said...

Thanx kak dewi..wanna try.me too dh lama x try new recipe.since we r weekkend husband n wifemmso,when the times he comes home,me just cook simple2 dishes or we went out for holiday nspend time away from home...thanx again ya!