Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Short Note From Rome

Hello folks, I'm writing my post today directly from Rome Italy. Yes, we are on our yearly holiday trip, and this time we go to Rome, and right now we staying at friend's house, Mr. Azhar and Mdm Syida, and Little Mister Arash 9 month. They are indeed very warm and friendly, and we still so thankful for their willingness to let us stay in their house for a few days during this trip.

Today we went sightseeing via tour bus around Rome, and we stopped at Colosseum, one of the most famous landmark of Rome. Seeing the remains of the original amphitheatre of Colosseum really made me wonder, how did ancient people has the ability to create such a grand design with less technologies we have today. It is really beautiful, and the remaining is still accessible.

From Colosseum, we continue the tour bus to Vatican City. We took pictures and have a quick lunch at Caffe Nova. Then we walked to Castle St. Angelo and then continue to Piazza Navona.
It's quite late, and now it's already past 10pm. After quite a long walk, (I'm not sure how many km we walked, maybe 2 to 3 km maybe more) I'm terribly exhausted, it maybe because I'm walking with this 4 months baby, but the joy of experiencing new places really overwhelming.. I took several stops to catch breath, but I still enjoyed the walk very much. The scenery is really different and unique, and full with historical places to visit. Tomorrow, there shall be some more km to cover to complete Rome tour.

Will update my entry later, and will share the pix later as well. Wish for our safety during our stay here in Rome.. As for today, I want to take this opportunity to wish all Muslims around the world, Salam Maal Hijrah 1432.


No comments: