Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Arrival of Myra Alayna. Part 1

Assalammualaikum wrh.. hi everyone, my fellow virtual friends.

Today, marks the 11th day of confinement period for me, again, self-confinement abroad, with my little family and my maid.

This time, we are in Vientiane, Laos, which is not so far from home, and only took about less than 3 hour to reach here via Airasia flight direct from KLIA.

Since this is my second pregnancy abroad, being self-managing myself is kinda less worrying. Only my biggest fear before embracing this land was the medical facilities which is widely reviewed in most expats page as not so reliable because of the problem in communication. The best choice would be across the Thai-Laos border, at district of Udon Thani, Thailand which takes about 80km from the heart of Vientiane.

A month before Myra's arrival, I was quite not so myself. That can be seen from my post in Facebook, which was close to none. I found myself being anxious, as this will be my third Cesarean-birth. I still remembered the pain from the after-labour. I was nervous to know what kind of medication that the hospital will be using, what are the facilities, what kind of operating room they have, will it be dark or will it be so bright, will it be cold.. will I pass out during the operation, will I be fine? will someone come to visit me at the hospital? will I be able to do phone call? and the most troubling question was, will the baby comes out in time?

And again, I was given pre-announcement from my husband that he might need to go for outstation in Luang Prabang, which is one of the southern side of Laos to assist a big meeting together with the top officers from the Ministry. I was secretly prayed that he shall not be able to go that place, mainly comes fro my maternal instinct, I have counted every scans detail I have about the baby, and I have a lot of reason to justify that the baby might be born earlier than the booking date, because of the size of the baby, and my own thinking "the limited space to move inside the womb due to thick inside scars". (please be informed that these thinking is not based on any medical fact, only my own little thinking by judging the way my baby pictured in the ultrasound scan for 3 months in a row)

Approaching the final month before the booking date, only about 3 weeks to go, my fear was confirmed. My husband was required to go to Luang Prabang. I knew he was worried sick, but he somehow managed to pull straight face. And I believed he noticed my unhappiness, although I also tried my best to pull the coolest face ever. And the night before his flight, my mask somehow broken to pieces, I cried like a baby.

When I finally manage to gather all the strength, I began to straighten all the facts. My husband shared some important contacts should I come to an emergency without him around. Some friends also texted to offer hands should I need any help or even any emergencies. Thank you dear friends. At least I knew that I have plenty of supports should anything need immediate helps.

The week my husband was not around was actually our second child birthday, and followed by Mother's Day. We filled the celebratory event by baking some cakes, and enjoy our mini party together. My girl and I baked the small cake for her birthday, and we celebrated it later at the evening after her brother returned from school. And few days later, we baked another cake to celebrate Mother's Day, only this time my kids they mixed the cake together, while I monitored them, and assisting with the oven. I even managed to bake two homemade bread loaf for dearest son's lunch pack the next day.

That week I believed the baby almost 3kg, since the last scan (three weeks ago) showed that the baby weight was already 2.6kg. And the pattern was a bit surprising to me, as three weeks before the weight was 2.6, the baby's weight estimated was 2.1kg. The baby gained more than 500g in 3 weeks gap. That fact actually made me believed the possibilities of the baby to come earlier than booking date was quite high.

--- to be continued ---

No comments: