Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Another Series of 'Less Than 2 Weeks.'

Hello again. Happy Monday folks. If I remember correctly, in less than 2 weeks my family and I will finally depart from Brussels, to return to Malaysia for good, upon completing our terms in Belgium. Well, needlessly for me to say, finally the reality started to kick in upon seeing piles of clothes that need to be pre-arranged, pre-washed and pre-selected to be put into categories of 'hand carry' or 'shipping'.

It is quite challenging, since we have been living in Brussels for more than 3 years, there are heaps of collection of clothing were collected. Especially mine. From the dress size of 10 (size after giving birth to Umair), to the size of maternity (during pregnancy with Dana), to the size of post-pregnancy of dress size 14, to current dress size of 8. Yet to be included, the accessories, casual attires as well as formal attire, shoes, etc.

Perhaps, managing those stuffs, plus with the anxiety to restart working, and the concern of the kids-care upon returning to Malaysia, somehow did affect my waist-line. I would like to share how I easily gain another 3kg in just 2 weeks, that was about 2 months before, all because of my craving for an instant stress-fighter. I was terrified when the scale that was reading 51 suddenly raised to 54. I believe I had over-indulged myself with a lot of high fat food in just a week at that moment. Just imagine, having nasi briyani for lunch and dinner, and snacking for ice-cream as supper. And the next day was having nasi lemak with sambal and rendang, for lunch and dinner, and crunching biscuits and chocolates as supper. Then nasi ayam, the next other day masak lemak cili padi.. Not to mention the increasing caffeinated drinks intake per day, and munching chips between meals.

Since a few days ago, when finally I get the hard truth of the fact that what must be done, has to be done, somehow I lose my appetite. I subsided, I rearranged my clothes silently, I tried to enjoy my free time with my kids by singing and dancing with them, ticking and make funny sound with them, hugging and kissing them, I quietly pushing my fears aside. Of course by any means it is still there, waiting around the corner. I wish it will never come any closer to me, as I really want to cherish this few moments with them. And today, I lost about 2kg. Leaving me from 54 to 52, in just 3 days.

Well, I just hope I didn't lose too much weight to quickly, as I need energy to begin a new life. Being a breastfeeding mother, I need to have enough good milk supply for my Dana. Alhamdulillah, this weight lose hasn't encounter my milk production yet. I really hope, I pray very hard, I wish I could supply Dana enough breastmilk until she is 2 years old, as Umair had received when he was younger. I hope there would be some times, if not plenty of times, a couple days would do, so that I could prepare foods to my husband and my children.

About those, oh I have no words to describe my mixed feelings. All I care about those boxes now are they need to be packed as quickly as possible. By then perhaps I could be headache-free. Once I finished with my clothing, then I could continue completing the children clothing, and then the domestic item (towels, blankets, etc). My husband did his own clothing arrangement, most of the kids clothing, plus the kids toys, books, electronics items and some other things.

I guess, that's all for now. Let me just finished with the packing and perhaps when the time is right I could continue writing. For now, I need a good night sleep. Tomorrow is another day,some more clothes waiting to be packed.

Peace be upon you.

No comments: