Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

36 weeks.. At least another 4 weeks to go

Hello again.. it's been quite a while since I last update my blog. Lately it's been a bit hard for me, within a month I caught twice nasty flu. Perhaps it was because of the changes in weather, or maybe I am allergic to some pollen. It's spring, and it's truly an incredible sight out here. The flowers are starting to bloom, the tree is fully decorated with flowers, and of course the pollen can be seen floating here and there.

Last month, I've attend a few events. the grandest of all was the Farewell Party for our Ambassador and his wife, the President of PERWAKILAN at the Embassy. It was well conducted by our Deputy Chief of Mission in Belgium, with a theme 'New York, New York'. Our Ambassador is now assigned to our Embassy in New York, and all of us wishes him all the best throughout his new post there.

A few days before they return to Malaysia for formal procedure before they report for New York, we had had an enjoyable tea party in 'Pink'! Thanks to Miss Jamaliah our Custom Officer in Belgium for being such a dear to host the party at her residence. All ladies were invited and we together brought in potluck in pink theme! We even enjoyed pink cupcakes, pink kuih lapis, pink bandung, pink cakes, laksa and pasembor for our tea. And what's more exciting, all of us dressed in 'Pink' and some of the ladies even prepared a surprise dance for our entertaining that day. We even enjoyed karaoke session, and that was a great day for 'girls' to spend time together.

And now, my second coming baby currently is 36weeks old. Tomorrow I will undergo a pelvic scan to see if there's a need for me to do a scheduled c-sec to deliver the baby. My first baby was born through a c-sec operation, as my cervix was having difficulties to dilate properly, even after the water broke and constant strong contraction. And the next day I'm going to see my gynae for follow-up of the result. So.. fingers' crossed.

This time, I hope I will be able to manage my confinement period by myself, and I already set my mind to be fully prepared for this. It was difficult at first, but I need to learn everything. It might be hard, but I trust my husband's support and the cousin's as well. They have been so helpful through my pregnancy this time, and it will required a lot to repay them all their kindness. And my 2 year old son, although he craves a lot of attention from me, wanting me to hold him and sleep with him, he's somehow understand my situation that I need quite a lot of rest, and lately he had been such an angel to offer 'soft massage' to my feet, and does not really forcing me to carry him as I use to do. He always kissed my tummy and he's really looking forward for his new sibling. I know he'll make a good brother indeed.. My pray.

Talking about 36 weeks, I had gained extra 2kg difference from my last weight carrying my first son. And it's really hard as I am not as active as I was when I was pregnant last time. Last time I was quite busy with jobs, and this time I'm a full time housewife. Only today, I could felt at least nine dull contraction at different parts of my bulging tummy. There were a lot of moments when I truly know that the baby's head had moved down really low, which leave me uncomfortable a bit. The baby's head does give great pressure to the cervix and from what I read, it's natural as the womb is preparing for labour.

I can't wait to have another baby in my arms! And I'm so excited to watch how my first son would react once he see the small baby in my arms, and sleep together with new baby.

Well, wish me luck!

No comments: