Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Second Batch of Apam Kukus


I was writing in my previous post that I was going to make some more kuih apam. And now, here I am, enjoying a second batch of it. But this time I tried different recipe, using soda bicarbonate instead of dry yeast. Guess what, it cooked perfectly, and really tasty. Of course I made some adjustment to the previous recipe, but nonetheless it still good.

Thanks to the original recipe's owner, juns11, I manage to create another type of kuih apam kukus. The original recipe is meant for Apam Kukus Gula Hangus - Caramelized Steamed Sweet Cake.

Oh.. it is so tasty, I believe I can eat the whole 9 pieces I've made. But until then, I think I should stop at 2 pieces. I still need to eat proper food for dinner, or I'll be hungry in the middle of the night, just like last night. That won't be good for me and this little one I'm carrying.

Well then, I really recommended those who loves apam as I do to try.. the recipe is so easy, no hassle, and won't let your kitchen messy. you may not even realized how quick it took to finish preparing and steaming all of them.

Good luck!

No comments: