Pages

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Recipe For 'Spicy Fried Chicken'

I love cooking, but lately since this pregnancy, I felt not so willing to cook. There were times when I'll cook some quite complicated dishes for my husband, but most of the time I passed the cooking to my sister cousin, who's happily thinking she could practise her cooking skills. She always consulted me over few complicated dishes, on how should one dishes taste, but there are some dishes that she's already mastered.

I used to compile recipes that proven easy and possible to prepare and to cook, and most of the time I have to modified the recipes as there were moments when the ingredients needed were difficult to get here in Brussels. I get my recipes from internet, and my favourite website is www.myresepi.com , and from magazines.

I found one recipe, 'Ayam Goreng Berempah' - Spicy Fried Chicken, in 'Mingguan Wanita', and I've cooked it several times. I did some changes, as my husband doesn't really like some of the spices to prepare the dish. I cooked it for family dishes, brought it to several occasion held in Embassy for the 'pot luck', and during last Hari Raya open house. It was quite a hit, and apparently, someone had requested for my personal recipe. I think the recipe must be worth sharing.

And here, I would like to share the original recipe of AYAM GORENG BEREMPAH.


Ingredient A
1 inch ginger
1 inch fresh turmeric (I swapped it with 1 tsp turmeric powder)
1/2 inch fresh galangal
3 stalks of lemongrass
5 pcs garlics
1 pc white onion

Ingredient B
4-5 pcs chicken
*1/2 tbsp fennel seeds
*1/2 tbsp cumin
*1 tbsp coriander
1 egg
2 tbsp chilli paste (you may use 1 tbsp chilli powder)
*curry leaves
salt
sweet dark soy sauce

(* I skipped these ingredients, my husband doesn't really like their taste. (^^))


Methods

1. Mix all Ingredient A and blend roughly. You may also crush the ingredient manually.
2. Mix all Ingredient B in a bowl, and then combine Ingredient A into the bowl.
3. Let it sit for at least 30 minutes to make sure the chicken are thoroughly marinated. (Or even better, let it sit for one night in the fridge)
4. Deep fry the chicken in medium heat, and make sure the chicken is not overcook.


This recipe is quite easy to make, and it's up to you to change the ingredients to suit your favourite taste.

Happy cooking! (and oh, pardon my English)

2 comments:

Ain Adrian Adriana said...

best recipe by Kak Dewi...I will try this recipe too...

Dewi Manja said...

try ainna.. very easy to make. :)