Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

Almost Four Month.. *winks*

Ah little baby.. finally I felt the quickening. It's getting more often each days. Though the feeling of the movement is still too tiny, but it's there. I started to experience this feeling when I was 15 weeks pregnant, and now it's already 18 weeks. Almost 4 months. And it's really exciting, and really soothing to learn that the baby is growing as it should. Next week, I'll attend my next monthly pregnancy check-up, and it's possible for me to have another chance to look at the baby through the scan.

Today, we went for Umair 2 years old paediatrician's appointment. He got his Hep. A vaccination today. We were told that that was the second last vaccination before his is complete next year. He behaved very well. Talked a lot, even the paed is impressed with him. Alhamdulillah, thank God that he's very seldom falls sick, even the doctor confirms that. Although he may look small in his age, but according to his doctor, it's okay as he still gain weight and getting taller, and he's very healthy and active although today he catches flu, but no fever. Umair will be big brother soon. He's almost getting the idea to have another sibling soon. Whenever he sees another baby, he'll point his finger and look at me or my husband and said 'ummey nak baby.. nak name name' translated as 'umair nak baby, nak sama sama' - umair want baby, want to play together.

In my previous posts I did mentioned our travel to Rome. We went to Rome via air flight, with Ryanair commercial airways. Ryanair is one of the best low fares flight one could find in Europe. The service is almost equivalent as our AirAsia commercial flight company in Malaysia. But if we were given chances to choose between two, we'll definitely choose Air Asia, and why? We are more familiar with the choices of flight menu of Air Asia.. and more familiar with the air crew background (well, it's the fact that I'm from Asian countries.. :)). What was exciting to me is that that was Umair's first experiencing on-board in his own seat! It is regulation of air flight that every children aged two or above should have a seat on his own. He behaved very well during the entire flight, and really listen when we said it was not good for him to walk around when the aeroplane is on air. But of course there were few moments when he was a bit cranky, perhaps sitting for quite some time bored him. But somehow we managed to handle that, and overall, he really makes me feel proud!

From that flight, I understand why it's not advisable for pregnant woman in third trimester to travel by flight, except if the doctor says she could do so. Even in my 17 weeks, I did experience the 'pulling' sensation from the air pressure when the plane is flying. Although it was very mild, I can relate the sensation to those flying in their third trimester. It was quite worrying, as I never been in flight during my pregnancy before. And I kept on checking, trying hard to feel the different pulse in my womb, which is faster than my normal pulse, and silently encouraging the baby to be strong.

At Rome, there few few times I was quite nauseous, it may because of the tiredness after a long walking and sightseeing around the city, and a little dehydrated because of the sweating. Rome's weather is quite unique, it is cold, yet it's more humid than Brussels. In a way, it's almost comparable as weather at Cameron Highland in the morning after rain, only it is colder, 11 degrees during the daytime and a bit lower during the night. I could never forget our first day sightseeing around Rome, it was colder than we had expected. It was only 11 degrees, but the coldness of the air is freezing cold! We were shivering and at the same time we sweated. That was way different than Brussels in its minus zero cold.

During our stay at Rome, I frequently felt the baby's movement. It's getting stronger by day. And today, there was this one time I was lying on the sofa, resting my feet and my backache. I unexpectantly felt the 'kicking' at my palm when I caress my growing womb. Though it was very tiny kicking, but it was there! It's a sign that (Insya Allah, If God's Will) the baby is healthy and growing as it should be.

And now, I still feel the dull backaches, and when I did some researches, it was really common during pregnancy. Pregnant woman will experience backache as the muscle around the womb is softening slowly and adjusting to prepare for labour.

I think I should stop here, I started to feel a little discomfort sitting up. I should take some rest now..

Wish me luck on this pregnancy, and pray that my little Umair will become a good example for his coming sibling. Pray for our safety and happiness here in Brussels. And to dear husband.. I love you so much, thanks for being so patience with my unexpected changes of mood. And one more thing, dear visitors, please pardon my English..

No comments: