Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

Some Great News, just before Syawal..



Just about a day before Hari Raya, I decided to repeat the test. hmm, it's been quite a while since my last menses, and the reality is my cycle was not regular since the first menses after stopping the Pills, which took about 5 months back. I think most probably because I was then still breastfeed my son, who will turn two by end of November this year, and I thought maybe it took quite a long time for the menses to be regular again.

Last month,I did one test, only to be sure if I was pregnant, because of the possibilities of getting pregnant, plus the irregularity of my period. I decided to take safe precaution, as I was trying to lose a few kgs just by end of this year. I was thinking to join the Zumba Aerobic class again after Puasa, so I need to be sure about that 'P' thing. And that test come out to be 'negative'. So I decided to wait for the supposed expected delayed menses to visit me..

But then, it was almost the end of Ramadhan, yet the 'girl's best friend' hasn't arrived yet. I wonder.. hmm.. I remember having that feeling,the instinct, plus I was feeling a bit sick and nausea early on the morning before I took the second test. Although I was still fasting, I tried not to 'break fast' and I do remember putting a mental picture on that that day I will keep on fasting. And of course I did. I pull upall my courage, and that morning, after sending my husband off to work just at the front door and gave my son to my cousin for her to take care a while, I went upstairs to do the test.

And as expected.. the first test came out to be POSITIVE! I was so overjoyed, excited, and shocked! But the line was so faint, so I thought, maybe.. maybe not.. hmm... I waited a while, did some house chores, and some time in the afternoon I repeated the test, and that time I used ClearBlue Digital Pregnancy Test. After 3 minutes, that's the picture I get! Whoaa.. I thought, 'Now, it's CONFIRM!' I don't know how my husband will react, as I did mention last two weeks my menses hadn't come yet, and already did one test, but it was negative, and my menses hadn't come yet till the day before I did the test.

I thought I want to let him know about this news when he return home after work in the evening, but I think my patience did overcome me when my husband did make a call, telling that he'll invite some people to 'break fast' on the last day of Ramadhan to our home. He was so OVERJOYED!

Me : Daddy, Mummy got a news for you. Do you want to hear it now, or shall I wait till you get home?
DH : It's okay, you can tell me know. Why?
Me : Insya Allah, if God's Will, Umair will be a brother soon...
DH : ... (pause a while..) Alhamdulillah! Thank God! Congratulation Mummy!

I knew immediately he didn't know exactly how to react, as this news is really a GREAT news! Hopefully this pregnancy continue to shine our life, and I really hope and wish for this pregnancy to come when I am on leave from job, so I'll have plenty of time to manage my kids my own way.

And next, appointment with my gynae, Dr. Ann Horloye. My husband already set an appointment next week, by that time, everything will be confirm. and I pray for the best.

But my son still demand my full attention? so how?

p/s ahh.. pardon my English.. I was so over the sky to check every grammatical errors here.. :)

No comments: