Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

Eggless Tiramisu For Valentine's Day

I am so happy.. finally I am blessed with so much joy! Thank you dear husband.. I promise I'll make up to you.. Oh.. nasty cough, irritating nose.. go away! you two really disturbing my quality time!

My husband sent me an email, just a few days before, and guess what, plenty of cakes pictures, prettily decorated. That gave me an idea to bake a cake, since Valentine's Day is just around the corner.

But when I looked in my kitchen, I found out I have a few eggs left.. Darn! Then I can't bake a cake.. Finally, after some consideration, I decided to make a tiramisu, eggless tiramisu.

I would to share my simple and easy recipe for all to try. I did googled for quite a number of recipe, and I tried to make it simpler yet delicious.

Ingredients :

1 cup mascarpone cheese
1 cup fresh cream
1/2 cup fine sugar
2 tbsp butter (soften in room temp)
1 tspn vanilla extract
1 packet of Lady's Finger (Saviordi biscuit)
1 cup dark chocolate mix (1 cup of warm water + 4 tbsp dark chocolate)
cocoa powder to decorate.

Methods :
1- mix butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until it completely mixed and grainy.
2- add in the vanilla extract, mascarpone cheese, and fresh cream, and beat everything until soft and smooth, and creamy.
3- pour the dark chocolate mix in a wide low bowl, preferably 10-15 diameter.
4- prepare a nice glass or ceramic pan (don't use the metal pan).
5- carefully and quickly, dip the round side of the biscuit in the chocolate mix, and then arrange the biscuits flat side down to form one layer in the pan.
6- pour half of the mixed cream on top of the biscuits evenly, and spread to cover them.
7- repeat step 5 and 6 until done.
8- dust the finished tiramisu evenly with a cocoa powder.
9- cover and let it sit in fridge for at least 6 hours before serving. it would taste better if let to cool overnight.

p/s I completely forgot to take the picture.. but I'm sure you know what a tiramisu is.. (^^)

No comments: