Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Mummy's Toblerone's Very Moist Chocolate Cake



Actually, this post is dedicated to what happened last week.. Umair's birthday is just around the corner, so just planning to bake a special chocolate cake for him!

Ingredients? So easy to get, and lots of them are available from the nearest grocery. I was inspired by a friend, she put her status in Facebook, "teringin makan Ikea Daim Cake". POP! A question emerged, does it reaaaallllyy delicious? Then finally decided to do some reserches, about the IKEA Daim's Cake, when finally I knocked-up this website (ops, forgot the address, sorry!).

That recipe is using exact measurement, but I don't have any kitchen scale to help. My trick? I swapped every 150g to A CUP, and I used it for every ingredient, such as flour, sugar, butter, milk.. etc. And I swapped 15g as ONE TABLESPOON. Normally, my resecipe will use less sugar, say, if in the recipe it need 200g, I will only use 2/3 cup of sugar. Why? I have baby! He loves cake, but I can't control the amount of sugar if I feed him with cakes from bakery's. So, the best for him is I bake for him his cake, and of course the sugar will be less.

This is my new, enhanced recipe, already tried, and amazingly sooo delicious! and so moist! Even after a week stored in covered container in refrigerator, the moist is still there.

I name it 'TOBLERONE'S CAKE' because I use Toblerone as the topping..


Ingredients:
2 cups sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp soda bicarbonat
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cups cocoa powder (i used van houten's)
1 cup melted margerine
1/2 cup cheese cream (melted in room's temp)
2 eggs
1 cup hot (boiled) water
optional - 1/2 cup dried fried + choc.chips

Toppings
5 blocks Toblerone
1/4 cup water
1 tsp margerine

Methods.

1- mix all the dry ingredients.
2- pour in melted margerine and cheese cream
3- whip in beated eggs in the batter, mix well.
4- pour in hot, boiling water, and mix well.
5- mix dried fuits and choc chip.
6-grease cake pan with margerine, bake at 170deg, 30-40mins. put a bowl of water inside the oven.
7-for toppings, whisk the ingredients in saucepan over very low heat until becomes smooth and shiny.
8. once the cake done, let it cool a while, then pour in the toppings.
9. put into refrigerator overnight, then serve......



this is a very simple recipe, and you might need only an hour to mix everything, and until it perfectly bake. I only use hand whisk, the one use for egg-beater. you can always use another brand of choc for the topping, say, Daim Choc, Nutella Choc. Spread, Cadburys..

Well, the cake is totally something! I managed some slices for the embassy's staff, and thanks to them, I AM SO GLAD they loved it!

My love Umair, be patience, I'll bake the special one for you. That was a trial, a practise for mummy.. I want to make up the best cake for your first birthday.. And I'll decorate it as pretty as I can.. just to show all the people, you're my love!

No comments: