Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Chapter 6 : Our First Chill-Out in Brussels

Last two weeks on Saturday, after returning from airport, (assisting somebody from Ministry, who're on the way back to Malaysia) my husband took the opportunity to take both of us for a nice fresh air, hehehe and also buying some new winter outing gear for our little one. And with the help from the Belgian driver, we did find some nice baby winter outfit, which were far cheaper than in Malaysia. We managed to enter the Premaman shop, only, as our only intention were to buy a proper baby winter clothes. And then we went straight away home.


That night, my husband decided it was time to take us for an outing. He said so many nice thing about this 'Grand Place', and he did drew a very ingenious plan through after a very in-depth researches on the best possible way to get there via public transport. And I did carried away with his innocently enthusiasm about going to this bespoken place in Brussels, and I did imagined us, there, taking lots of pictures, and enjoying the view. And guess, it turned to be something else. One funny moment, we were almost getting ourselves nowhere! To think back about it, it must be quite a bit embarrassing for not doing a little bit more extra researches about the place that we were intended to visit. The Grand Place. We went via metro train, and before we set our foots to the Grand Place, we pull a stop at Rogier station, and there we were, just in front of the City 2, the newest shopping complex in Brussels. And then we continue our journey to the Gard du Nord station, (my husband said that is the nearest station to the Grand Place).

Upon reaching that particular station, we took some pictures just outside the building, trying to find a sight of the so-called nearest station to the Grand Place.

Well, of course there's nothing so grand nearby, but we maintained positive thinking. It may be hidden between the buildings, and maybe just a few blocks ahead of us, or maybe that Grand Place is not a very tall building. My husband then took the pride, practicing his ability to converse in French to one of the ticket manager. From my understanding, it suppose to be only about 'deux minute', or 2 minutes walk from Gard du Nord station. My husband said, it could be 5 minutes of 'my walk' to that place (I do find that the Belgians walk faster, to be compared with us in Malaysia).

After what I believe the most farthest distance and the quickest almost running walking effort I ever did non-stop in those very chilling and biting air and took us almost 20-minutes, finally....unexpectedly...there were we, passing the Rogier station, again? Say...the suppose to be shortest route to the Grand Place turn to be the other way round... And how I manage a big laugh to my husband, even though my foot really aches, plus I was a bit worried with the chilled air touching my baby's face.

My husband in his uplifting spirit maintaining his positive thinking, and he encouraged us to continue a little bit farther. 'It must be nearby, and we must be almost there', I believe that was what ringing in my husband head. We did stop at one of the bookstore, and my husband again asked the shopkeeper about this 'Grand Place'. And she said it's just another 5-minutes walking. And again, upon calculation on 'my walk', that should take at least 10-minutes walking.

Then, after almost 5-minutes walking, we decided it was time to pull over. Maybe next time, when the air is warm enough and not as biting as that air. And that afternoon, we took tram to Avenue de Tervuren, to my husband office. By the time we reached Embassy, my baby has crying for food. Poor Umair, he must be hungry, as we took almost 4-hours doing some trial-and-error journey to this Grand Place. And he must have somehow digested all the food remaining after I feed his in the morning before we went out. Quickly, I took my place on my husband couch, in his office and nurse my baby. And he was hungry! Well, babies do need fresh air sometimes, right? And what an adventures, yet to be experience.

And what a big laugh I have after, that very day...

No comments: